Love is in the air in anticipation of Valentine’s Day! Not only is it a great time to spend with loved ones, but it’s a great time to spice up your live stream and help everyone enjoy the magic of this wonderful day.
Not only that, but Valentine’s Day is a great day for you to earn extra gifts and find even more fans. It’s an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
So that you can stand out and create a live stream that really captures your audience’s attention, let’s do some simple and easy Valentine’s Day streaming steps for some great results!
Step 1: Valentine’s Day Content
The most important part of any Valentine’s Day stream is having content that relates to the holiday.
This content should be similar to what you’re already streaming. For example:
- If you’re a cook – create a romantic Valentine’s Day meal or some heart-shaped cookies. Everybody loves cookies!
- If you sing – pick your favorite romantic ballad and set the mood for your fans by sharing your rendition of that fantastic song!
- If you dance – pick a routine that’s special to you. Perhaps you can teach your audience how to slow dance or waltz. Something cute for the day!
Of course, not everyone who live streams is an artist, or has an artistic routine planned for the day. That’s totally fine! One of the best parts of live streaming is the ability to connect live on an emotional level through nothing more than your fantastic personality.
Not sure what to say? Our advice, open up and connect with your audience on that emotional and personal level. Show people who you are and they will likely respond.
- Talk about your best/worst first dates. Where they were, what happened, and how they made you feel. Ask your audience to chime in with their stories as well and enjoy reliving those moments together!
- Everybody loves a great “how they met” story. If you have a significant other in your life why not tell everyone about how you two first got to know each other? If you really feel like opening up and getting vulnerable, talk about some difficult experiences you two had and how you overcame them. Who knows who it might inspire?
- Have any romantic or dating advice that your audience might like to know? Now is your time to share! You can even ask your fans if they have any questions and turn things into a fun and interesting Q&A session.
Step 2: Creating a Valentine’s Day Setting
Show don’t tell is a popular expression when referring to creating a feeling in art. Rather than telling someone it’s your special Valentine’s Day stream, let them know it from the second they see you go live.
One of the easiest ways to do this is by adding some Valentine’s Day color to your stream! These colors typically are:
Red, because red is the color of love and, according to legend, was the Roman goddess Venus’ favorite color, white represents innocence and purity, and pink is a combination of red and white.
When considering how to decorate your background, this is where you should start. Anything you have that are these colors should be added to your stream to give everyone the feeling of celebrating Valentine’s Day.
There are a few ways to get dressed up for Valentine’s in order to get yourself and your audience into this great holiday spirit:
- Formal: imagine you’re going on a date to a fancy restaurant, what would you wear? Suits and dresses, especially ones that match Valentine’s Day colors, are a great choice for a special stream!
- Funny: maybe you want to go the more humorous route for Valentine’s Day – nothing wrong with a little humor on this day! Grab a prop harp and dress up like cupid, or dress up like royalty and say that you’re the King or Queen of Love!
- Fabulous: really go all out with this one! Prop hearts and tons of makeup! The point of this outfit is to stand out so that when people are scrolling through different streams they just have to stop on yours. Get creative and have fun!
No matter which outfit you decide to wear, just make sure you are abiding by Tango’s Rules and Guidelines for broadcasting. That means nothing offensive, overly sexual, or weapons included in your streams, please!
There are tons of ways to decorate your studio or streaming room for a terrific Valentine’s Day stream. Here are a few simple ideas that are easy to implement and are sure to get those creative juices flowing!
- Faux flowers: or real flowers! Either way, flowers are a fantastic way to spruce up your stream with a Valentine’s feel. Either have them near you in a bouquet or, with a little hot glue and DIY craftiness, get a hanging flower heart just over your shoulder.
- Paper hearts: this is another simple and easy way to decorate your stream and stand out from the crowd. Use those skills you learned in kindergarten to actually make money live streaming – probably didn’t expect those would pay off did you? Just a little paper and some scissors is all you need. Or, go above and beyond with some paper rosette hearts!
- Balloons: who doesn’t feel good after seeing a colorful balloon collection? There’s a reason why parties and holiday celebrations always have balloons at their events, people love them! They’re inexpensive and make a great Valentine’s decoration while you’re streaming. For that extra ‘wow’ factor, create your own DIY balloon dolly as well.
- Candles: while we don’t recommend lighting your stream by candles (it usually won’t give you enough light and, even if it does, it looks a little bit creepy – save it for Halloween) having a few candles spaced out around you can add a touch of Valentine’s magic to your broadcast. Ready to step it up a bit? Create your own candle holders with an at-home project that will be done in less than an hour!
These decorations are fun and simple. Best of all, they’re not going to break the bank when you set up your stream to be festive for Valentine’s Day. Remember, the more effort you put into your stream, the more likely you’ll get rewarded with more gifts, prizes, and followers!
Step 3: Promoting Your Stream
Valentine’s Day is a special day, and there’s no reason that your broadcast shouldn’t be special as well! You’ve got your content planned, your background perfectly set up, now you just need to make sure that your fans are going to be there to celebrate with you!
In order to make sure you’re streaming to a huge audience you need to be marketing yourself ahead of time.
- Tango: the first place you should turn to promote yourself is the app where you will be broadcasting from – Tango! Thankfully Tango’s advanced newsfeed system is the perfect place to promote yourself and your show. Create some banners on free sites like Canva that include photos of you and your set and post them on your Tango feed. Your fans are waiting to see you!
- Social media: social is one of the best places to bring in an already existing audience that you probably have. Use photos and banners to let your followers know that you’ll be streaming live on Tango on Valentine’s Day. Make sure you include a link to your profile so they can easily find you.
- Direct messaging: your biggest gifters deserve a personal message from you, don’t you think? If you’re really looking to host a great stream filled with people who love you, that personal touch goes a long way. Make sure you send a couple reminder messages making sure your top fans will be there cheering you on!
With Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching now is a great time to get your Valentine’s live stream ready to go! Holidays are the perfect time to earn more and grow your fan base faster than ever. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Want to experience a Valentine’s celebration with a global audience? Make sure you first download the Tango Live app either on desktop or from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. While you’re at it, keep checking our blog for even more updates and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for exclusive deals and important information!