Hey you. Yes you!
The creative streamer out there looking to spice up your broadcast! We’ve been working on a little secret project that we’re about to unveil.
You know those stickers you have on your screen that you can post your favorite gift on as a way to give a little **nudge nudge** to your viewers? Well now you can do so much more with them!
Now, instead of just posting gifts, you can post pictures and write captions to go along with them!
Don’t start cheering and screaming too loudly though, your neighbors might start to get worried. However, this is a big deal in terms of live streaming capability and the first of many steps to help you unlock your broadcasting creativity and help make Tango the #1 place to digitally connect with people around the world.
How to start a conversation on live stream
Looking to break the ice?
It can be a little tricky, especially if you’re new to live broadcasting. So often, the same questions get asked over and over and over again.
- What’s your name?
- Where are you from?
- How often do you stream?
- Do you like Tango?
If you’re falling asleep at this point we don’t blame you. It can be tedious to have to hear these mundane questions over and over again.
So what’s the way to fix it?
Simple! Start mixing up your questions now and again. Alright, maybe that’s a bit easier said than done. If you want, here are a few ideas you can use to make interacting with broadcasters much more interesting:
- What talents do you have?
- Have you ever traveled to ___ (your country perhaps)?
- What’s the best joke you know?
- Have you ever had a funny nickname? If not, what would you want it to be?
- What’s your favorite (animal, food, hobby, book, Netflix show)?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What is your dream city to live in?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island what 3 things would you bring with you?
- When was your first kiss?
- What’s the strangest tradition that your family has?
Have we sparked your imagination yet? Hopefully you see that there are a million ways to start a conversation with a new broadcaster other than the typical, “Where are you from?”
Of course, you don’t need to be an interrogator in order to start a fun chat. You can also do something as simple as:
- Complimenting their clothing, hair, jewelry, or music choices.
- Telling your own funny joke.
- Make a fun suggestion for their stream.
The main thing when interacting with a streamer, or anyone for that matter, is to show genuine enthusiasm. It’s actually much easier than you might think and will make the streams way more fun and enjoyable for everyone!
Use Tango stickers to make great live conversation
Tango stickers are now a great tool to make the conversation feel fun and natural while still giving streamers the chance to get creative and show off their personalities. As a broadcaster, you can add any photo that you’d like – even throw in a caption – and whenever broadcasters click on it they can see it during your stream.
It’s a new way to break the ice with viewers both new and old. You can share your favorite personal photos midstream giving everyone something fun and personal to talk about!
There are tons of different types of photos you can use to make your streams more interesting and to help break the initial, “Hey, nice to meet you,” part of getting to know people:
- Personal photos: family photos, pets, proud moments, childhood photos. Anything you’re comfortable with that lets people get to know you just a little bit better.
- Photos from your day: what you did at work, what you ate, where you were. It’s a great conversation starter!
- Something funny: a riddle, a joke, or your favorite meme. Who doesn’t like to start a conversation with a laugh?
- Something about you: do you have any cool hobbies? Have you been to any concerts recently? Post a photo and let your fans know!
- Promote upcoming events: any battles you’d like fans to know about? The sticker feature is a great way to let everyone know!
How to use Tango stickers:
- Tap the 3 dot settings button
- Select stickers
- Now, instead of adding just a gift, you can add photos as well!
- Select one of Tango’s images or upload your own
- Select add to post the sticker image
As a viewer, you can click the photo to enlarge it. To exit out simply tap the x or swipe in any direction.
Keep live streams fun when you broadcast
As a streamer, it can be both tiring and stressful to always be trying to keep things fun and interesting for your viewers.
Sometimes, you’re just out of ideas. Conversations start slipping back into the default, “Hey how are you? Where are you from?” We get that and, honestly, it happens to everyone.
So next time you’re finding it hard to keep your streams fresh you can always check back to this list for some inspiration!
1. Do a behind the scenes of your studio
Occasionally, it’s not the conversation that needs to be changed, you just need a change of content in order to inspire some new topics to talk about.
If you want to do that in the simplest way possible, why not give everyone a behind-the-scenes tour? Don’t start thinking this is only for the most professional streamers who have professional-level studios, anybody can do it – even an amateur who streams in their bedroom.
In fact, that amateur streamer with the bedroom stream has the potential to create an even better broadcast than someone who’s going to brag about their super expensive equipment. You’re giving people an authentic glimpse into your life.
As we all know, live streaming thrives off of authenticity.
2. Invite a friend to stream with you
Do you know what’s both fun and helps to take the pressure off? Have a friend to host a live stream with you!
This can be done either remotely or by inviting your friend to your studio to broadcast with you. If you really want to take things up a notch you can both broadcast to your Tango accounts at the same time. Just make sure that you don’t do a live battle with one another! The sound can get disoriented even if you happen to have a microphone.
3. Do a food challenge
Food challenges are awesome – just make sure you don’t go overboard with them! By that we mean don’t do anything that’s going to possibly damage your health or mess up your finances.
However, there are some fun and safe food challenges that you can try that your viewers will probably LOVE! This includes:
- Ordering food you’ve never eaten before.
- Trying different hot sauces.
- Eating sour candy.
- Blindfold yourself and try different foods.
- Eat without hands.
It might not be the best idea to do a food challenge every day, but mixing it up now and again will most certainly inject some fun and hilarity into your broadcast!
4. Bring viewers outside
Do you have an errand to run or somewhere to be that day? Take your viewers with you! Whether you’re going to the coffee shop, supermarket, or gym, bring your audience along and show them where you live.
Sometimes, a change of scenery will help get the creative side of the brain working and make conversations more interesting and fun. Not to mention, being out and about will also give you something new to talk about!
Did you know that during the Covid-19 pandemic live streamers raised MILLIONS of dollars!
We’ll say it again for those in the back: live streamers raised MILLIONS of dollars in just a few months!
Tango streamers often use their platform as a way to bring users together and generate support for an issue that they care deeply about. This can be anything that you feel is important and worthy of attention.
Just make sure you actually follow through and donate that money. If you really want to take advantage of Tango’s amazing platform, make sure you use Tango’s sticker feature to add a photo with some information about your charity!
If you want to learn more about how you can create a live stream fundraiser, make sure you check out our blog post here that will teach you all about it.
6. Do a live unboxing
Even if you’re not sure what a live unboxing is, you’ve probably seen it. You know those videos where someone orders something new and exciting and then, after it arrives, opens it on camera?
That’s an unboxing! Next time you order something online, don’t let it arrive and open it by yourself – share your excitement with your viewers!
Pro tip: if you sign up for an affiliate program with the company whose product you ordered you can actually make money if your viewers order the product for themselves. Add an affiliate link as your Tango sticker and earn even more than before!
Instead of trying to make conversation, or plan an activity that puts all the attention on you, switch it up and test your viewers’ knowledge!
There are a few great ways to do this, all of which are super fun but have their pros and cons:
- Impromptu: this means just abruptly deciding to ask questions to whoever shows up on your stream. While it’s fun and spontaneous, it means you have to quickly find interesting questions that you have answers to.
- Semi-planned: this means that you’ve got some questions and answers ready, but you’re mostly surprising your viewers with your trivia questions. It’s much more organized but it’s still spontaneous enough to provide some live fun.
- Fully planned out: this one takes the most work but can bring the best results! Take a couple weeks to promote your trivia night. Have questions and answers totally mapped out. Even consider having a prize that you can give a winner! Like we said, there’s some work and planning involved, but at the end you might end up with your favorite stream ever!
Rather than just making your Tango Stickers funny, make the entire stream one giant laugh track!
There are a few ways to do this – everything from grabbing a joke book to doing a full-on stand-up routine. If you’re just trying to spice up your stream a little bit, greet every new viewer with a quick joke or a pun.
You can even keep the energy going by asking them to tell you a joke in return. Who knows what nuggets of comedy gold you might discover during this?
Tango Stickers are all about keeping live streams entertaining and engaging. Of course, as we talked about above, they’re not the only tool you have for making sure everyone is having a great time live streaming.
As long as you’re passionate about connecting with people and showing off your beloved talent, we have no doubt that you’ll find success as a live streamer. The Tango Sticker is just there to give your stream a boost and we can’t wait to see what kind of creative stickers you come up with!
Ready to post your first Tango Sticker? Make sure you first download the Tango Live app either on desktop or from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. While you’re at it, keep checking our blog for even more updates, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram for exclusive deals and important information!